Our client is an award winning £12m Turnover Professional Services business servicing the construction Industry with a range of both private and public sector clients across the UK and a history of trade since 1970.
As part of their continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant to join the business ideally situated Near Jct 21 M1 / M69 and therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
This is a newly created position and will form part of a small finance team of 3 staff and can also offer long term career development into a Finance Director position as part of the company’s succession planning.
Being in the early stages of formation, this exciting opportunity can still be scoped and expanded by the successful candidates to truly make their own however with a focus of:
– Business partner with fee earners (architects) to help explain finances and business performance
– Assist fee earners with Budgeting & Forecasting with analysis and commentary on performance
– Review and drive improvement in fee earners efficiency to maximise revenue
– Improve commercial analysis taking a deeper dive into project / office / sector profitability
– Help create dashboard and BI to quickly monitor business performance
– Identifying weaknesses in our current systems and helping to make improvements.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified and have at least 3 years’ experience gained in Management Accounting / Finance Analyst / Finance Business Partner focused position.
Whilst having responsibility for the monthly management accounting process, this position will also be the driving force in improving analysis / BI and making the finance department more outward facing.
As such excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a willingness to business partner are essential as is high level of analytical ability to include MS Excel to include Pivots / Look Ups at a minimum.
In return a highly competitive salary coupled with bonus and excellent benefits can be offered.
Study support for those still studying will be offered with this company also having scope for long term development into a Finance No 1 position.