My client is a leading business operating within the automotive manufacturing / engineering industry ideally situated to the South of Coventry (CV4 area) but also offering hybrid working.
As part of the companies continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant or Finance Manager to join the business.
This vacancy will work closely with the Head of Finance with the responsibility to manage the day to day running of the Finance department of multiple businesses include being responsible for delivery of all management and financial accounting, together with insightful reporting and commentary which supports informed decision making by the leaders of the business.
My client is a growing and increasingly complex not for profit organisation, with high level stakeholders, funded by both grant and commercial income, and this role is critical in ensuring it delivers on its objectives.
It requires a hands-on Part Qualified or Qualified accountant with experience in the delivery of the monthly/quarterly/annual suite of financial reporting information to a high standard of accuracy and in a timely and efficient manner, someone who is keen to make a difference in an organisation and is focused on continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the day to day running of business and subsidiary finance functions, including
– outsourced payroll, cashflow management, and effective credit control and debt
• Management, to support successful delivery of the organisation’s strategic aims.
• Delivery of the monthly management accounts at both an activity (grant) and departmental level, together with supporting information, working with the Finance Business Partner to provide insightful commentary around key issues and risks
• Production of a fully reconciled monthly finance pack including completed balance sheet reconciliations
• Management and development of the Assistant Accountant, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable
• Delivery of year-end accounting, audit, and tax compliance process
• Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to support delivery of the annual budgeting process and quarterly reforecast
• Implement improvements to accounting and reporting processes and controls, driving increased efficiency and reduced reporting timescales, including via developing use of system capabilities
• Ensure robust financial governance and adherence to proper processes and procedures.
• Preparation and submission of UK VAT returns
• Engaging with company project teams to monitor the progress of projects, optimising grant spend and the impact on commercial income for both organisations
• Drive effective financial management of company grant programmes, working with the Finance Business Partner and the Assistant Accountant to ensure effective budgeting, grant management, invoicing, and linkage of project KPIs to financial information
• Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines (VAT returns, payroll etc.)
• Ad hoc projects as advised by the Head of Finance
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified and ideally have at least 3 years’ experience gained in a similar position gaining exposure across Financial / Management Accounting, those that are QBE or Stop Studier will also be considered
A good level of IT Literacy is essential to include MS Excel for analysis tasks, experience of Sage is desirable but not essential.
Candidates will be highly organised self-starter with a flexible, supportive, and diligent approach. Very hands on and prepared to undertake a variety of tasks
Strong interpersonal skills, professional and personable approach, able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
A focus on continuous improvement, including process automation/simplification
Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of applications