My client is a dynamic, privately owned, business operating in Manufacturing and Sales & Distribution Industry ideally situated on the Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Staffordshire Boarders.
Due to planned expansion, they now have a newly created Marketing Manager vacancy to join the business to help in the company’s growth strategy from £50m to £100m over the next 5 years.
In consultation with the Managing Director, Sales Director and Commercial Director the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, leadership and development of a Marketing Department
• Develop the annual marketing plan / strategy and budget for the business
• Coordinate the implementation of the marketing plan and to take ownership of completing the actions necessary to deliver agreed marketing initiatives as set out on time and in budget.
• Build and develop a marketing team to ensure the successful deliver marketing plan ensuring the delivery of projects to achieve marketing goals and objectives.
• To provide practical marketing support to sales teams, distributors and customers to achieve stated commercial objectives and complete specific sales support requests on time and in accordance to budget.
• Ensure timely, open and effective communication of company activity to the SLT to achieve a fully integrated approach to marketing throughout the Group
• Develop the brand strategy, ensuring the brand is used consistently in all executions and supports company overall brand vision.
• To monitor competitor activity, analyse market trends, interrogate internal sales information and conduct specific market research to inform marketing plans.
• To plan, develop and coordinate the implementation of fully integrated marketing campaigns to timescale and within specified budget, including:
• Creative Development – conceptual idea generation of visual and messaging through to final implementation;
• Video and CGI – agreeing brief, developing storyboard and script, overseeing production and editing;
• Technical and Promotional Literature – agreeing brief, organising copy both writing it and sourcing, organising photography, overseeing design, production and distribution
• Advertising campaigns – agreeing message, organising and approving design, agreeing placement;
• Direct Mail – database management, production of mailing materials, organising fulfilment;
• PR – agreeing campaigns, organising copy, liaising with PR consultant;
• Events – organising event and exhibition attendance and displays;
• Point of Sale – agreeing format and message, organising and approving design, production and distribution;
• Social Media – agreeing and setting up appropriate social channels, agreeing and organising messaging/content;
• SEO and PPC Campaigns
• Email marketing – plan and co-ordinate e-alert activity.
• Plan and implement effective product launch strategies.
• Plan and co-ordinate ongoing development of the company’s websites.
• Responsible for the effective use of CRM to enhance customer and consumer communications.
• Effectively manage the work of external agencies and suppliers – creative, PR, digital – to ensure timely delivery of projects to budget, deadline and standards required.
• Evaluate completed marketing activity to assess commercial impact (business benefit vs budget).
• To complete any other task as is reasonably requested.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience operating in a similar position and be looking to join a dynamic forward thinking business where they can play a key role in the development and delivery of the company’s marketing strategy.
• Preferably 5 years’ experience in a marketing/brand executive role, at least 2 years of which include responsibility at brand/marketing manager role.
• Planning, development and delivery of fully integrated results driven marketing campaigns which include experience in at least 5 of the following areas:
– Video Production
– Technical Literature production
– Advertising campaigns
– Direct Mail
– Events and Exhibitions
– Social Media
– SEO or PPC Campaigns
– Email marketing
• Planning and implementation of effective product/market launch strategies.
• Promotional support of sales teams, agents and distributors.
• Creative flair and ability to deliver creative concepts and marketing solutions to business problems.
• Proven project management and planning skills focussed on project completion and delivery.
• A capable multi-tasker.
• Ability to work with multiple cross functional teams.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical, numerate & literate.
• Can use initiative
• Work independently with minimum supervision
In return my client is able to offer and varied and progressive position with future growth to Marketing Director position.
This is a highly autonomous role and offers candidates an excellent opportunity to start from scratch in the creation and roll out of a marketing strategy.
A competitive basic salary of £40,000 to £50,000 coupled with excellent benefits and scope for hybrid working can be offered.