My client is a leader within a specialist sector, due to expansion they now have a need for a Accounts Payable Clerk on a part time, permanent basis from there Wellingborough office with extensive WFH.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
The Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Accounts Payable Manager and is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring vendor payments, ensuring all applicable invoices received are recorded accurately and paid promptly, plus also providing support and services to the Regional Accounting department.
Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that company’s finances are accurate and up to date, that vendors are paid within established time limits, staffs expenses are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and the regional accounting department will be able to provide a fair and accurate view of the financial statements.
• Main contact to handle Accounts payable queries from vendor and business on a daily basis and solve queries in a timely manner, via Phone/Email
• Keying /matching Stock invoices onto Oracle ERP System
• Keying/coding Miscellaneous invoices onto the Oracle ERP System
• Ensuring Stock invoices are recorded onto the system within 3 Days of arrival
• Liaising with Purchasing/Warehouse on Stock query resolution
• Filing/Scanning/Statement Reconciliations
• Examining system hold reports and dist.- variances for items in Oracle
• Preparation of Vendor Payments runs via Oracle
• Statement Reconciliations
• Obtaining Authorizations for Invoices
• Providing cover for other members of the accounts payable team
• Accurate entering of P&A invoices onto Log for upload
• Provide detailed explanation for overdue invoices on ledger
• Complete set AP targets before month end close
The ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge of accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers
• Knowledge of accounts payable functions and procedures
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and processing information
• Entering financial information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial transactions
• General understanding of accounting practices and principles
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Effective English writing and speaking skills