My client, a leading professional within the business service sector is recruiting for an Account Team Leader Credit and Surety.
With a location of North Leicestershire, easily commutable from the East Midlands.
Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience.
• To oversee all Finance functions of the Credit and Surety division, ensuring they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Identify by periodical reviews, procedural shortfalls, and implement innovative and robust procedures to increase the efficiency of the team and its processes.
• Ensure month end reconciliation deadlines are met, in respect of source, bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Oversee regular credit control actions in relation to Surety, Deputy Bonds and Trade Credit, reducing aged debt.
• Investigate Unallocated Cash and implement procedures to ensure the proactive allocation of funds in a timely manner.
• Contribute towards the Policy Administration System implementation project, offering insight.
• Ensure all procedural documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
• Any other work as required.
• Motivate a team of 6, and lead from the front, providing guidance and coaching.
• Ensure the team is properly trained and have the skills necessary to perform their tasks – highlight training as required.
• Ensure the responsibilities of the team are protected against absence, through training of secondary responsibility holders.
• Conduct regular one to ones, team meetings and appraisals.
Skills and Experience Specification:
• Accounting technical knowledge
• Experience of the insurance industry
• Sound knowledge of double entry accounting and journals
• Sound knowledge of reconciliation process
• Experience of DD processes and requirements
• Experience of Credit Control
• Good leadership and motivational skills
• Problem solving ability
• Good communication skills