My client is a well established international group specialising within the distribution / logistics industry, ideally located in North West Leicestershire, with an anticipated increased turnover of £100m plus for 2021.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an Accountant / Finance Manager.
This position is being offered on a permanent basis and will partner the Financial Controller in the day to day running of a busy finance team.
• Processing all aspects of general accounting for Business Units and Group up to trial balance level, and ensuring that all statutory, local tax and legal requirements are met.
• Completing month end responsibilities, including supervision and review of all accruals, prepayments and provisions, including the month end balance sheet reconciliations.
• Maintenance of company fixed asset register.
• Assisting in the production of the forecasts and budgeted balance sheets.
• Ensure strong control of Balance Sheet and Bank Accounts, ensuring smooth cash flow.
• Completion of company VAT and statutory returns.
• Recording, analysing, tracking and forecasting business cases, including CAPEX and Non-Current costs, and reporting them to the Finance Director.
• Completing monthly payroll reconciliation on a quarterly basis for audit purposes, and ensuring the payroll transactions are posted accurately within the GL.
• Completing statutory accounts for Group companies to ensure it meets banking covenants and complies with HMRC legislation, and completing submission of accounts.
• Collating and analysing information for Corporation tax and P11D / PSA to enable computation.
• Partner closely with Management Accounting Team with both BAU Month and Year End activities and various ongoing improvement projects.
• Assist the Financial Controller in the management and mentorship of a small team of finance professionals.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACCA / ACA / CIMA if not already qualified, however those that are QBE with demonstrated experience will be considered.
Previous experience within a similar position with a strong background managing Balance Sheet, VAT and Fixed Assets with limited supervision and training is key.
In return, this position promises to be both varied and challenging, with excellent scope for development within the group being offered.
A competitive basic salary of £35,000 – £45,000 plus study support (for those still studying), and excellent benefits await.
*** Please be aware that this is an office based role, however flexibility around start and finish times can be offered ***