My client is a leading manufacturing / retail business based in Leicester LE3.
Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the team.
To support the Finance Department and management team by processing finance transactions, and completing administrative duties for the company.
● Daily Purchase Ledger inbox checking, and processing of purchase invoices in multiple currencies using our cloud-based accounts software
● Preparing supplier payment runs
● Supplier statement reconciliation and query resolution
● Scanning and filing invoices and financial documents
● Preparation of sales invoices using data from the company’s bespoke system, and progressing on to detailed sales reconciliations
● Bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts in multiple currencies
● Preparing Monthly UK and EU VAT returns before the deadlines
● Other administrative duties as and when required
Experience / Qualifications:
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and SUMIF formulas is essential
● Previous experience within a finance role
● Detail oriented
● Enthusiastic and willing to learn
● Good organisational skills
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Adaptable to change as the business grows and expands