An established company based in Leicester is looking for an ambitious candidate to join as an Accounts Assistant, to join their growing finance team on a permanent basis.
The vacancy has arisen due to some ambitious plans for growth, and the requirement of timely management information by the stakeholders in the business.
You will have relevant experience of working in a similar role and be able to work within a fast paced environment.
The role would be for candidates who would like to develop a successful career within accounting, and be involved in project work once settled in the role.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Full responsibility of purchase and sales ledger every month. This will include processing invoices, reconciling statements and dealing with queries promptly. This is to ensure month end is completed to tight deadlines
– Take responsibility of dealing with customers on a monthly basis in resolving queries, chasing debts and manage credit limits proactively
– Assist in closing month end on a timely basis and prepare analysis for month end reviews
– Assist with stock control on a monthly basis, liaising with the relevant stakeholders within the business
– Provide cover for colleagues within finance team to cover for holidays
– Actively be involved in new projects such as stock management system, automating invoice postings etc.
– Previous experience in accounts / bookkeeping
– AAT Qualification / Currently studying
– Experience of Sage 50
– Intermediate Excel skills
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm