My client is a well-known brand who are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with previous experience, looking to further their career.
Purpose of Position:
To work as part of the accounts processing team, providing proactive assistance and support with all accounting processes, including the reconciliation of accounts, payment processing and accounting administration.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Cashbooks – Download statements from Bankline on a daily / weekly / monthly basis. Correctly code all entries and post to the ledgers. Report on the ledger balance showing the breakdown of all reconciling items.
• Receipts – On a daily basis, post all receipts to the ledgers and prepare manual banking when received.
• Reconciling – Complete weekly / monthly control accounts and balance sheet reconciliations. Follow up on errors and differences with investigation and report findings to the line manager.
• Purchase Ledger – Register and process supplier invoices, checking key data is correct. Contact suppliers with any errors found and make the necessary corrections. Reconcile Supplier Statements and take the appropriate action for any discrepancies found. Monitor monthly timescales for purchase invoices received from internal departments. Liaise with department heads and follow up on delays.
• Intercompany – To assist with the preparation and processing of recharges, including raising invoices between entities. Administer intercompany transactions and reconciliations. Prepare and post journals as required.
• Payments – Process payment runs for Suppliers, raise ad hoc payments on Bankline, including inter-entity payments.
• Sales Ledger – Post monies received to the customer accounts. Raise invoices and journals as requested, compile weekly / monthly debtors reports for the businesses. Follow up on debtors on a regular basis.
• Income Posting – Process daily sales income for the businesses, resolving queries and discrepancies. To prepare and process rent runs. To process tenant and other income, maintaining direct debit information and process direct debit collections. To assist with KPI and weekly reporting as required.
• Petty cash – Raise payments to the businesses to replenish their petty cash floats. Validate and journal all petty cash receipts before posting to the ledger.