We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a long-established company and friendly team in Northampton. This Company offers an excellent supportive environment and stable position whereby responsibilities include, purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and payroll. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will grow professionally in this role and take on more accounting duties to develop their career.
• To manage the payment of creditors whilst monitoring cash availability through thorough and assertive credit control procedures.
• Be responsible for the authorisation and issuing of Sales Ledger credit notes in a timely manner.
• To ensure Journal Postings are performed efficiently.
• To ensure that UK Sales Invoices and Intercompany Transfer Order Invoices are raised on a daily basis.
• Approve proposed payments to suppliers and produce payments for approval and processing.
• To oversee the payment of monthly salaries to Company employees, together with the control of all salary related matters e.g.: PAYE payments, P11D returns, RTI submissions, payment of pension deductions and Employee Benefits.
• Assist the Finance Manager with Cash Forecast, DSO figures and Fixed Asset schedule.
• Assist with information required for the monthly Management Accounts including: the running of month end reports, period ends, updating asset register, general ledger journal entries, trial balance and the distribution of financial summaries.
• To assist with tasks ensuring the smooth running of standard costing system, purchase price variances, accurate inventory counts HMRC, VAT and Duty is paid.
• Provide analysis and other computer-generated reports that may be required.
• Assist with submitting the annual Overhead Expenses budget.
• To assist with the issuing of monthly intercompany recharges and ensure that they completed and verified each month.
• Submit monthly Sales figures as required.
• To liaise with External Auditors as required and provide timely data for the Year-End financial audits.
• Deal with routine correspondence, governmental returns and issues of a general administrative nature including Intrastat returns and EC Sales List.
• To act as holiday cover for other members of the Finance Team.
• To assist the Finance Manager with any ad-hoc tasks.