We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join a long-established company and friendly team in Northampton. This Company offers an excellent supportive environment and stable position.
• To supervise the payment of creditors whilst monitoring cash availability through thorough and assertive credit control.
• Approve proposed payments to suppliers and produce payments for management approval and processing.
• Assist the Finance Manager with Cash Forecast, DSO figures and Fixed Asset schedule.
• Assist with information required for the monthly Management Accounts and meetings – to include running of month end reports, period ends, updating asset register where applicable, general ledger journal entries, running of trial balance and the running and distribution of financial summaries.
• To assist with tasks ensuring the smooth running of standard costing system, purchase price variances, accurate inventory counts HMRC, VAT and Duty is paid.
• To oversee the payment of monthly salaries to Company employees, together with the control of all salary related matters e.g.: PAYE payments, P11D returns, RTI submissions, payment of pension deductions and Employee Benefits.
• Provide the Management Team with statistical analysis and other computer-generated reports that may be required.
• Assist with submitting the annual Overhead Expenses budget and liaise with Corporate Finance on its content and final completion.
• To calculate and oversee the issuing of monthly intercompany recharges. To ensure that the intercompany confirmations (Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger) are completed and verified each month.
• Submit monthly Sales figures as required.
• To liaise with External Auditors and provide timely data required by them in order for them to conduct their Year-End financial audits.
• Deal with routine correspondence, governmental returns and issues of a general administrative nature including Intrastat returns and EC Sales List.
• Be responsible for the authorisation and issuing of Sales Ledger credit notes in a timely manner.
• To ensure Journal Postings are performed efficiently.
• To ensure that UK Sales Invoices and Intercompany Transfer Order Invoices are raised on a daily basis.
• To act as holiday cover for other members of the Finance Team.
• To assist the Finance Manager with any ad-hoc tasks.