My client is a fast-growing accountancy practice based in East Leicestershire.
They use the latest cloud accounting applications to provide a range of accounting and commercial services to a wide range of clients throughout the UK.
All their clients are on Xero accounting software and they work across a variety of industries, with a speciality of hi-tech businesses in and around Cambridge.
Purpose of Role:
To be an integral part of the small team, preparing annual accounts and tax returns, in addition to carrying out bookkeeping duties for appointed clients.
– Accounts preparation for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
– Preparation of CT600 and Corporation Tax computations
– Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns
– Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
– Bookkeeping duties for a number of clients, maintaining sales and purchase ledger accounts, and reconciling bank and credit card transactions
– Preparation of VAT returns
– Liaising with clients and resolving issues and queries
– General administration tasks
– Take on additional projects / responsibilities as directed
– AAT part-qualified / qualified or equivalent
– Experience working within a small / medium sized practice
– Accounts preparation experience and knowledge of Accounting Principles
– Business and personal tax knowledge
– IT literate
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Experience of Xero and Digita accounting software an advantage
– Attention to detail
– Experience of working to strict deadlines
– Team player
We are open to discuss flexible working.