FRS are supporting a reputable and ever growing business with the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant, who will work as part of a small finance team and report into the Financial Controller.
The business use Sage, experience of this would be ideal but not essential.
Experience of working in a standalone role previously would be useful, and having the initiative to manage your own diary / time efficiently.
The business operate on the working hours of 9am to 5pm, and this would be an office based opportunity with Covid guidelines in place, social distancing applied and hand sanitizers around the workplace.
– Entering Supplier invoices onto Sage and allocating them to the correct nominal codes
– Checking Supplier invoices against the purchase order log and issuing them out for approval
– You must be able to deal with any queries that arise
– Presenting the Managing Director with invoices for final approval, ready to be added onto the payment schedule
– Signing off postage and courier invoices ready for payment, by following the correct approval procedure
– Submitting claims and following them through to receipt of payment
– Reconciling credit card statements to ensure that all receipts have been received, and all VAT has been reclaimed
– Submitting payments onto the bank correctly and matching them up onto Sage
– Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.