An exciting vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a leading UK company in their finance department in Wellingborough.
The whole finance team are responsible for the preparation of all financial reporting including budgets, monthly management accounts plus associated KPIs and the company’s annual financial statements.
This role will be responsible for the following duties:
• Raising of sales invoices
• Investigating any queries or discrepancies on both the sales and purchase ledgers
• Assisting in month-end processes associated with management accounts, including accruals and prepayments, and in the reconciliation of inter-company balances
• Taking ownership of Credit Control duties and ensuring that all customer accounts are maintained and up to date
• Processing of purchase invoices
• Completion of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
• Responsible for posting cash for multiple different companies, and ensuring the cash is allocated correctly
• Support the Finance team with ad hoc finance and admin tasks as and when required
• To support and work with other departments / employees as required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The jobholder is expected to be actively studying towards a professional accountancy qualification, such as AAT, ACCA or CIMA
• Show good analytical skills, to be numerate, well organised and possess good communication skills