We are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant and Office Manager to run a small team in Irthlingborough.
The job is full time, office based and you will be responsible for presenting the weekly and monthly accounts to the Managing Director.
– Sales Ledger, invoicing, cash allocation, maximise debt collection.
– Completion of export shipping documentation, including liaising with carriers.
– Cashbook compilation and sales ledger updates.
– Bank reconciliations, compiling and submitting monthly EC Sales and Intrastat.
– Overseeing the purchase ledger, preparation of cheques and bank payments, petty cash.
– Prepare and execute the monthly payroll using Sage.
– Organising accounts filing.
– Preparation of management and financial reports for summary to the MD.
– Raising month end journals, accruals and prepayments, fixed asset management.
– Liaising with the company accountant, banks and HMRC.
– VAT, PAYE and corporation tax returns, and ensuring legal duties are met.
As the Office Manager, you will oversee two staff who will help you with the accounts activities and also general office coverage, including answering incoming telephone calls, reception, dealing with visitors, post and mailing, arranging company insurances, liaising with staff regarding human resources issues and pensions.
The position would suit someone with experience of running a small office, ideally you will have an accountancy qualification and a working knowledge of general accounts procedures.
The successful individual will be well presented, confident and personable with a good telephone manner.
– Excellent PC skills, a working knowledge of MS Office, including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
– Good GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, attention to detail, high literacy and a willingness to learn.
– Self‐motivated and a hard worker.
The role offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive pay rate, pension scheme, loyalty holidays, friendly working environment with a good quality of life, onsite parking, use of the company leisure facilities and canteen.
Hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.