We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Office Manager to run a small team in Irthlingborough.
• Sales Ledger, cash allocation, maximise debt collection.
• Sales invoicing, entering invoices into the sales daybooks.
• Cashbook compilation and sales ledger updates.
• Bank reconciliations, including compiling and submitting monthly EC Sales and Intrastat.
• Maintenance of petty cash.
• Overseeing the purchase ledger, preparation of cheques and bank payments, petty cash.
• Prepare and execute the monthly payroll using Sage.
• Organising accounts filing.
• Preparation of management and financial reports for summary to the MD.
• Raising month end journals, accruals and prepayments and fixed assets.
• Liaising with the company accountant, banks and finance companies.
• Liaising with HMRC, including VAT, PAYE and corporation tax returns; ensuring legal duties are met.
As the Office Manager, you will oversee two staff who will help you with the accounts activities as well as completion of export shipping documentation, including liaising with carriers and also general office coverage, including answering incoming telephone calls, reception, dealing with visitors, post and mailing, arranging company insurances, liaising with staff regarding human resources, issues and pensions.
The position would suit someone with experience of running a small office, ideally you will have an accountancy qualification and a working knowledge of general accounts procedures.
The successful individual will be well presented, confident and personable with a good telephone manner.
– Excellent PC skills, a working knowledge of MS Office, including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Sage.
– Good GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, attention to detail, high literacy and a willingness to learn.
– Self‐motivated and a hard worker.
– Export shipping experience would be an advantage.
The role offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive pay rate, pension scheme, loyalty holidays, friendly working environment with a good quality of life, on-site parking, use of the company facilities and canteen.
Hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.