My client is a well-respected, award-winning and rapidly expanding business within the Manufacturing Industry, ideally situated in the North of Leicestershire.
We are seeking an Accounts Officer to join a well established but growing team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This role reports to the Financial Accountant and would be suitable for an individual who has experience supervising a small transactional finance team, coupled with drive and energy to streamline processes and procedures.
What you will be doing:
• Supervise day-to-day responsibilities of the transactional finance (AP, AR, GL & Bank) team, ensuring that the team adhere to and meet all time driven objectives
• Review and assist with preparation of payment runs, ensuring that bank details and supplier statements are up to date before submission to the Financial Accountant
• Assist the Financial Accountant in preparing weekly cash flow forecasts
• Run credit checks and due diligence checks for new customers and suppliers, and ensure that new accounts are created within agreed timelines
• Monitor the shared Finance Department Email inbox, ensuring that this is always up to date and that all emails are responded to within a timely manner
• Ensure that supplier statement reconciliations are completed, and that all supplier accounts reflect real time information in the accounting software
• Perform checks on all transactions posted by accounts assistants to the Accounting Software, ensuring that all details are accurate and that appropriate approvals have been obtained where required
• Assist the Financial Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Qualified AAT or qualified by experience, with recent experience gained in a fast-paced finance team
• Excellent MS Office skills (Excel in particular)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High standards of accuracy and precision
• Highly organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Positive can-do attitude
• Adaptable and approachable