An exciting opportunity has arisen with a long established and friendly company based near Irthlingborough, for an individual seeking to start their career in accounting.
The job is full time and office based.
Duties will encompass the basics of the accountancy and administration side of the company, including the following activities:
– Administration of the purchase ledger, placing purchase orders, checking supplier invoices against delivery notes corresponding with suppliers, posting payments correctly, completing the PL daybook and monthly ledger balancing, PL reporting, aged creditors.
– Sales ledger tasks – creating invoices, entering invoices into the sales daybooks.
– Organising accounts filing.
– Completion of export shipping documentation – getting quotes from freight carriers, info from the chamber of commerce and contacting customers for export details.
– Checking and collating employee timesheets for use in collating wages.
– Assisting the sales department when required, entering customers contact details into the CRM system and assisting with mail shots.
– Carrying out reception duties – dealing with visitors and customers.
– Answering incoming telephone calls and directing the enquiry.
– Postage and mailing.
The position would suit a school leaver / apprentice with an interest in accountancy, who wants to learn new skills:
– Ideally you will live locally and have your own transport.
– You must be well presented, confident and personable.
– You will need good PC skills, a working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
– Good GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
– You will need good attention to detail, high literacy and a willingness to learn.
– Must be self-motivated and a hard worker.
– A flexible approach to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
Full training will be given, and support to study an accountancy qualification.
The benefits package includes:
– Accountancy qualification.
– Competitive pay rate, paid monthly, dependent on experience.
– Employer defined contribution pension scheme.
– 20 days plus 8 bank holidays per year.
– Loyalty holidays available for long service.
– Open and friendly working environment with a good quality of life.
– On-site parking.
– Paid morning and afternoon breaks (non-contractual).
– Use of company leisure and works canteen.