FRS are recruiting an Asset Manager / Operations Manager for an automotive business based in Rugby.
Working with a small, close-knit team and part of a wider national group, you will be responsible for generating the best return for the business from incoming vehicle stock.
You will be tasked with determining the best channels for assets to go down, whether that is on the forecourts, online auctions, online sales etc., and working closely with the Sales, Finance and Operations Managers to ensure maximum return.
Alongside having strong business acumen, you will ideally have a good understanding and knowledge of Finance, and have the ability to produce / understand reports and present these at Management meetings.
Duties to include:
– Developing individual “mini business cases” for all cars recovered, to determine the best disposal channel based on the proceeds and expected cost of preparing the car for retail sale, versus the expected proceeds from sale at auction
– Liaise with external garages, body shop and smart repairers to create the basis for the business cases. Work with the Retail Sales Director, Workshop Manager and Parts Advisor to refine business cases for retail cars
– Monitor the execution of business cases for retail cars, liaising with external prep garages to ensure initial quotes are adhered to and approve any additional work
– Monitor the cost and completion of work after the car is returned from external garages, add additional information to the original business case
– Approve invoices for payment by Finance
– Ensure staff keep the Dealer Management System updated on stock locations, and the content of business cases
– Update a series of reports generated by the DMS and other systems, to monitor overall performance of car disposal and report to the wider group