FRS are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a business based on the outskirts of Central Coventry.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for transactional finance and assisting with month end preparation / reporting.
Duties will include:
– Work as part of a small highly motivated and dedicated team within the business, leading the sales ledger management and processing, including ensuring efficient and diligent delivery of customer invoicing and statements, investigating any discrepancies / variances as required, and liaising with the project delivery team to progress issues
– Issuing of grant claims for running costs and other grant activities
– Robust debt management and credit control, to ensure cash is collected promptly
– Managing the purchasing procedure, including raising purchase orders, updating the PO log, posting approved purchase invoices to the finance system in a timely and accurate manner, to the appropriate cost codes
– Banking; Posting of payments and receipts in the finance system, checking the bank account daily; updating the billing file for receipts; production of payment runs for approval; daily reconciliation of the bank balance to the finance system
– Supporting the monthly payroll, liaison with outsourced payroll provider to ensure payroll correct and salaries, taxes and pensions paid on time
– Assisting the Financial Controller in the posting of month end journals, accruals, prepayments and recharges of costs to our subsidiary, production of a draft trial balance and supporting month end close within 5 working days
– Regular balance sheet reconciliations
– Support with the production of various financial reports throughout the month, to assist with reporting
– Focus on developing mutually supportive working environments between Finance and Project teams, undertaking ad hoc tasks as needed