FRS are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a SME based on the outskirts of Birmingham.
Reporting into the FD and working alongside another member in the finance team, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of transactional finance and assisting the Finance Director with month end preparation.
Ideally, you will hold an AAT Qualification or be qualified by relevant experience, and have a background of working within SMEs, familiar with the environment and “everyone chips in” attitude.
Duties will include:
• Posting of cash book entries and bank reconciliations
• Process all supplier expenses and salary payments
• Manage production of payroll through external bureaux
• Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
• Coordinate the month end close of ledgers to agreed timescales
• Maintain fixed asset records
• Divisional and cost centre reporting
• Assist Financial Director with Monthly reporting routine
• Assisting with Credit Control
• Maintaining the Purchase and Sales Ledger