The position on offer is a new position in many respects, the successful candidate should be an ‘all-rounder’ who will have the attributes required to progress to the position of Office Manager as part of our succession plans.
This position requires someone who has received formal training and achieved AAT level 4, or similar professional part qualification.
As such, a working knowledge and experience of most of the following would be expected:
• Sales Ledger – Posting Cash, Raising Invoices, Dealing with queries
• Purchase Ledger – Invoice posting, payment runs
• General Ledger – A general understanding of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet entries
• Journals – Preparing and Posting of journals
• Bank – Use of on-line banking facility
• Bank Reconciliations and Cash Book entry
• Recording of Cash Book and Petty Cash transactions
• Credit Control – Including debt chasing
• Month End Ledger Procedures
• VAT and PAYE returns
• Use of an ERP computer system (We use Epicor BisTrack)
• Use of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Sage Payroll would be a distinct advantage
The successful candidate will need to be a good communicator, working as part of a small local accounts team and as part of the wider Group accounting facility, as well as with members of the other sites and departments.
Hours per week: 37.5 (08.30 to 16.30, less 30 mins break per day)