We are currently recruiting for experienced Assistant Accountant to join a growing business based in Guildford on a full time permanent basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintain Fixed Asset Register on JDE system.
• Process additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation for all locations and ensuring register is clear and accurate.
• Analysis and reconciliation of Site costs
• Analysis and reconciliation of Capitalised site costs.
• Support the fixed asset inventory process by sending the reports, analysing the results and communicating the results and actions required to location managers.
• Maintain Proforma vat reconciliation, obtain vat invoices from vendor and adjust via N35.
• Ensure payroll journals are actioned from Payroll department each fortnight and period end.
• Assist in coding & routing vendor invoices.
• Assist with all vendor & warehouse queries
• Preparation of period end journals.
• Provide assistance and cover other adhoc duties.
Required Skills, Abilities and Certifications
• Applicants to the Financial Accounting Department should ideally be currently studying towards a formal accounting qualification with a definitive and confirmed study plan.
• Initial training will be provided, but the candidate must be highly motivated, a fast learner and show initiative.
• Accounting experience, preferably on AS400.
• Graduate, preferably with accounting/business background, but must have good technical and numeracy skills and strong mental arithmetic.
• Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Attention to detail with good organisational skills and flexible attitude in prioritising work tasks and ad hoc requirements in order to meet stringent deadlines.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel to an intermediate level.