An Assistant Accountant / Credit Controller is required for a company in Barwell, Hinckley.
You will be reporting into the Financial Controller.
– Update the Cashbook daily.
– Post bank accounts daily for receipts and payments, and allocate against invoices.
– Undertake weekly bank reconciliations.
– Update the Cashflow Forecast – daily / weekly.
– Calculate Sales Agents Commissions and issue statements.
– Analyse Buying Group turnover and report same on-line.
– Produce a weekly dash / flash report for management.
– Analysis and input of staff credit card expenses.
Credit Control Duties:
– Collection of overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter.
– Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
– Handle disputed invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
– Provide accurate advice on invoicing queries.
– Review customer raised debit notes to validate or dispute.
– Respond promptly and completely to both customer and internal queries.
– Propose write-off of irrecoverable debts.
– Providing ad hoc reporting as and when requested.
– Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
– Undertake customer account reconciliations as required.
– Produce and distribute Customer Statements.
Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Financial Controller, or any other person designated in their absence.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Excellent telephone manner.
– Current experience using Sage 50, or preferably Sage 200.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
– Strong organisational skills with a proactive approach to all tasks.
– Experience in a telephone-based role, dealing with external customers.
– Confident with Microsoft programmes including Excel (intermediate / advanced), Word and Outlook.
– Extensive experience in a Credit Control role, dealing with invoice and payment queries.
– A willingness to learn other facets in the Accounts Department e.g, Purchase Ledger.