My client is a leading business in the logistics industry, ideally situated in North Leicestershire.
Due to growth, our client has an urgent requirement for an Assistant Accountant to join the business.
The successful candidate will support the Financial Controller in the day-to-day running of the finance department, ensuring all tasks are carried out to a high standard and within the given deadlines.
To effectively manage all customer accounts and provide an excellent level of customer service through emails, phone calls and face to face meetings, as well as administering information through communications and reports. To ensure all carrier and post costs are invoiced and to be responsible for all carrier and post suppliers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
– Sales invoicing of customer charge sheets, carrier and post suppliers
– Liaise with customer service teams in the preparation of charge sheets and job sheets, and monitor various accounts
– Operating Sage 50 Accounts on a day-to-day basis
– Weekly debtor reporting identifying risk / exposure
– Credit Control
– Supplier payment runs and expense payments
– Bank reconciliation
– Facflow reconciliation
– To support the preparation of month end reconciliation
– Maintain a quality of service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
– Assisting other areas of the business and provide information and analysis as required
– Supervise a small finance team
– Quarterly VAT Returns
– Ad hoc duties
Candidates will need excellent attention to detail, together with the ability to plan and prioritise workload.
Self motivation, and the ability to work as part of a small team.
A good level of ability with MS Excel is required, as is prior knowledge of Sage Line 50.
In return, a varied and challenging role within a dynamic business can be offered, coupled with a basic salary of up to £32,000.