My client is a well-regarded niche divisional manufacturing business that forms part of a PLC Group.
Due to internal restructure, FRS have been enlisted to assist in the recruitment of a full time, Assistant Company Accountant to join the business based Nr Atherstone, Warwickshire.
This position will start on a FTC or Temporary basis for a period of 6 months, but have genuine scope for conversion to permanent.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will assist with.
• Assisting with preparation and monitoring of annual budget and rolling forecasts
• Assisting with production of Monthly Management Accounts for business, in accordance with group timetable
• Ensuring all intercompany balances are reconciled and agreed at Month end, and Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed and signed off by FC
• Submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC sales returns
• Completion of weekly sales report and reconciliation of any variances to order book
• Management of company bank accounts, payment of suppliers and expenses, and company cash book / petty cash management
• Assist with the supervision of transactional finance team, ensuring the purchase / sales / general ledger activities are completed within agreed timescales, and ledgers closed for month end
The ideal candidate will be working towards formal qualification if not already qualified (AAT / ACCA / CIMA), and have previous experience gained within a similar position.
This vacancy operates as the 2nd most senior finance person on-site, therefore a candidate will need to be able to deliver the above tasks with limited supervision during peak periods and holiday.
Experience gained leading and motivating a small finance team is a massive advantage, but not essential.
Prior experience gained within the manufacturing or construction sectors is desirable, however not essential.
In return, a competitive basic salary of up to £38,000 coupled with excellent scope of becoming permanent can be offered.