My client is a well-regarded divisional manufacturing business and one of a number of UK subsidiaries, reporting into the US Parent company turning over $6bn.
Working from the site in North Leicester (LE4) the company’s premises are easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Working with the Finance Manager, my client has a newly created position for an Assistant Finance Manager to join the team.
• To deputise for the Finance Manager in his / her absence
• Assist the Finance Director with preparation for weekly Divisional calls, ensuring the information is accurate and up to date
• Maintain the integrity of accounting data, financial systems, and reports
• Proactively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing processes
• Support and mentor more inexperienced team members
• Implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team, and corrective action plans for measures off target
• To provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business, whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and company accounting procedures and demands
• Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly accounts within three working days of the period end
• Responsible for reconciling balance sheet accounts, ensuring that back up documentation is also complete
• Explanation of variances from plan, and implementation of corrective actions where applicable
• Responsible for the financial accounting and management of subsidiary and sister company – this may require occasional visits to the site
• Assist with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts
• Responsibility for the preparation and submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics
• Assistance with the timely preparation of annual budgets
• Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial accounts, including liaison with the Company’s Auditors
• Assist the SOX Co-ordinator in the maintenance of the SOX control requirement for the business
• Review of daily cash monitoring and cashflow forecast reports
• To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify requirement for new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business
• To continually strive to improve and simplify procedures and systems
The ideal candidate will be a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant with previous experience gained within a similar position, with experience of both Management and Financial Accounting.
Experience gained within a fast paced manufacturing environment is ideal, however not essential as long as candidates have the ability to work as part of a small but busy finance department and are adaptable to change and business improvement.
In return, this role promises to be both varied and challenging with great scope for both short and long term career development.
You will be joining the team at a key time with a number of business improvement projects that are to commence within the near future.
A basic salary of between £35,000 – £40,000, coupled with excellent benefits and study support package for those still studying.