My client is a rapidly expanding business within the sales and distribution area of Pharmaceutical / Scientific apparatus, therefore demonstrating record growth as a result of COVID 19.
Due to the above, FRS have been engaged to assist with the recruitment of a Part Qualified Accountant to join the business as Assistant Financial Accountant.
This position will report into the Head of Accounts and support the efficient and concise financial reporting, with particular emphasis on the balance sheet and ensuring that robust procedures and controls are in place.
Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations:
• Process Journals for monthly Prepayments
• Reconcile all bank accounts for month end and agree to Trial Balance, journal Currency Variance
• Ensure supporting evidence of balances and timely clearance of reconciling items
• Check through Debtor and Creditor summaries and notify Ledger Clerks if anything awry
• Producing Weekly and Monthly payment Run
• Enter staff expenses on system and set up payment for the 10th of each month
• ROI VAT Return (Bi-Monthly) submitting total figures to Malone Accs for submission
• UK VAT Return (Quarterly)
• Intrastat Imports Submission ROI
• Submit weekly cash collection figures and analysis of bank balances
• Check through emails and send on to relevant employee to deal with, answer any queries
The ideal candidate will be working towards formal qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA), with previous experience gained within a similar position.
Other attributes include:
• High level of numeracy and IT literate
• Prior experience in a similar role, and can demonstrate solid technical accounting ability
• Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative
• Being Confident, Courteous and professional
• Strong organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, good standard of computing and IT skills
• Strong process and financial control discipline
In return, a varied, challenging and progressive role can be offered in a company that has doubled in turnover and profit during the COVID 19 period.
A basic salary of £30,000 coupled with excellent benefits, bonus and study support awaits.