My client is a well regarded SME business within the services sector, also working closely with Financial Services.
Due to expansion they now have a vacancy for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the business, at this exciting time.
Working from the office in Leicester (LE4), you will report into the recently appointed high profile FD, and assist with:
Supporting the finance department in ledger maintenance, bookkeeping, supporting in budgets and forecasting, and supporting in management and financial reporting.
• Provide support in respect of preparation for monthly, quarterly and year end closings
• Assist in developing document processes and accounting policies, to maintain and strengthen internal records
• Ensure compliance GAAP principles and best practice, set by the Finance Director
• Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger duties (Inc credit control)
• Prepare and process expense payments to staff
• Completing company and client bank account reconciliations
• External payroll bureau liaison
• Prepare and submit Quarterly VAT returns
• Support in transitioning accounting processes from external providers to in-house team
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis, and providing information to the finance team
• Recording and managing entries into the Sage accounting software
• Assisting with preparing and managing budgets
• Support in coordinating external audits
• Managing day-to-day transactions
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained within a similar role, with good understanding of both Transnational and Management Accounting.
An interest in studying (AAT / CIMA / ACCA) if not already qualified will be supported.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits and great career prospects await.