My client is a dynamic international business and the manufacturer of niche products, largely supplied into the sports and leisure industry.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of an Assistant Management Accountant.
This position is to be based from their site in Warwick, however due to COVID 19 / social distancing, it is likely that post hand over, the successful candidate will be able to work from home.
Reporting into the UK and Ireland Financial Controller, this position is the 2nd most senior position within a small finance team, covering the below duties:
• Assist Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly Management Accounts, including budgeting
• Provide forecast and analysis of variances
• Creation of reports reviewing Margin / Sales / Costs
• Balance Sheet and Bank Reconciliations
• Maintenance of company fixed asset register
• Raise / Process – Journals, Accruals and Prepayments
• Ensure the timely closing of Purchase / Sales / General Ledgers at month end
• Completion of VAT returns
• Management of company Bank Accounts / Petty Cash / Cash Books
• Review and Authorize payment of suppliers, and employee expenses
• Daily use of Sage Line 50 and JD Edwards Systems
The ideal candidate will be experienced within a similar position, and ideally working towards AAT / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified (QBE will be considered).
Previous experience of using Sage and or JD Edwards is preferred, and strong knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
In return, a competitive basic salary coupled with an increase after probation and additional 15% bonus can be offered, alongside professional development and study support.