FRS are recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant for a reputable business based in Coventry.
You will be reporting into the Finance Manager and working for an ambitious business that has grown rapidly through many acquisitions over the past 3-4 years, and have plans to continue along this path.
The role offers a competitive salary plus study support, the business are ideally looking for an ambitious candidate who wants to continue their studies whilst with the business, and in the long-term progress internally as the business grows.
Duties will include:
– Liaison with operational managers to ensure the production of timely and reliable management information at month end, including variance analysis and reporting on contract performance
– To participate in the annual budget and regular forecasting process, including liaison with operational managers to develop budgets
– Ongoing monitoring of budgets and forecasts against actuals, investigating and providing analysis of any differences
– Communication through to finance manager of results to ensure a consistent message received for the region
– Aged debt and accrued income management and review for contracts under responsibility
– To support the wider finance and operational team and act as an effective business partner to resolve issues on a timely basis as required
– To participate in any training considered necessary to carry out duties associated with their employment, including further accountancy qualifications
– To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all other fellow employees, and any other person that you come into contact with at work
– To undertake such other duties as reasonably requested of a similar responsibility level that may be allocated to the post
– Production and ownership of accurate, timely and robust management accounts
– Ownership of budgeting and forecasting processes within the relevant region
– Build strong, positive relationship with operational colleagues to aid delivery of financial targets and aid in improving financial literacy of said colleagues
– Maintaining and improving control of all financial matters within the scope of the role
– Regular and accurate billing to ensure conversion of accrued income / WIP