My client is a young and ambitious social enterprise situated near Tamworth.
Due to continued expansion of a team of 15, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of an Assistant Management Accountant to join the business.
This client has a growing portfolio of over 150 properties across the West Midlands and Warwickshire in the social housing sector, with an expectation for significant growth across its services in the near future – specializing in property procurement, tenancy management and housing operations, to provide accommodation for the homeless.
As such my client is looking to recruit a progressive Finance and Accountancy professional to join the organisation at this exciting time. This role has a wide reach across the business group of activities, and a chance to join a business making a genuine social impact to the housing security of hundreds of families.
Within the wider group my client also operate a poverty relief charity and a company specializing in affordable new build developments and conversions, therefore there is a real feel good factor to this business.
The successful candidate will assist with:
• Management of the general ledger (including purchase ledger, sales invoicing, and inter-company accounting) and chart of accounts, using Xero accounting software of not only the main business accounts but also 6 connected company accounts
• Auditing of intercompany charging mechanisms
• Prepare and review accruals and prepayments
• Monthly management accounts preparation, including KPI reporting for review by the company board
• Forecasting, including cashflow
• Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintenance of the fixed asset / lease asset register – including appreciation and depreciation as required
• Annual budget preparation in conjunction with the management team
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable responsibilities
• Manage external relationships with suppliers, investors and customers
• Assisting the accountants with the completion of various statutory requirements eg. VAT returns, CT600, CT61 and submission of annual accounts to Companies House
• Company payroll for the team of 15 employees and expenses, followed by PAYE submission using Xero Accounting Software and updates to NEST pensions
• Helping implement and maintain effective internal controls
• Providing appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence key decisions
• Take the lead assessing the impact of new accounting or economic changes, with support from our accounts
• Book in and prepare for quarterly reviews, and take responsibility for own learning and development activity
• Any other relevant tasks as requested by the business
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a finance position, gaining experience across Management Accounting, and ideally be working towards qualification (AAT / CIMA / ACCA) if not already qualified.
A good level of IT Literacy is key, to include MS Excel and knowledge of Xero would be a major advantage.
In return, the candidate will be joining a forward thinking and rewarding business, and have excellent scope for career development, with support towards studies being given.
A salary of £27,000 plus Benefits can be offered.