Our client is a leading Coventry based organisation operating within the Leisure and Tourism Industry.
Due to continued expansion FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Assistant Management Accountant to join their modern offices based in CV1 area.
Reporting into the Financial Controller
– The primary aim of this post is to be responsible for and to take ownership of the complex Box Office and Catering reporting systems.
– This position offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to progress within the Finance team to take full management accounts responsibility in the future.
– The successful candidate will be given full support in their on the job development by a highly experienced Financial Controller.
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the preparation of show settlements
• Preparation and reconciliation of Accruals and Prepayments
• Daily banking of Box Office, Catering, Front of House and Sundry income
• Preparing the Box Office, Catering and Front of House banking spreadsheet on a daily basis and inputting weekly to the nominal ledger
• Bank and PayPal reconciliations
• Updating cash flow reports with actual transactions
• Preparation of Box Office sales graphs
• Reconciling and correcting Intercompany N/L accounts
• Reconciling West End Tokens redeemed to bank income
• Reconciling key Box Office and Catering control accounts
• Preparation of Gift Aid claims
• Raising sales invoices on the Access accounts system
• Raising Box Office refunds
• Preparation of credit control reports for the Management Team
• Reconciling and inputting Catering and other inter-departmental recharges
• Issuing, processing and reconciling petty cash payments
• Placing change orders and issuing change to operational departments
• Carrying out regular till, float and stock checks
The ideal candidate will be working towards AAT / CIMA Qualification and ideally have previous experience gained in a similar position with aspiration of working towards a Management Accountant Position.
A good level of IT Literacy is required to include MS Excel to pivot table and look up level with on the job training being given on the bespoke Finance and Payroll System.
In return a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 coupled with excellent benefits and scope to increase earnings by taking paid overtime can be offered.