FRS are recruiting a Bookkeeper for an established engineering business based in North Coventry.
Working as part of a small but busy finance department, you will be working alongside the Financial Controller, managing all aspects of transactional finance and being a go-to for the PL Clerk and Finance Assistant.
The business are experiencing a period of growth through both organic development and procurement wins, and there are some exciting projects pending.
You will have a real voice within the business, ideally bringing with you new ideas and ways to streamline the current functions.
Experience of using Sage Line 50 would be an advantage, but not a deal breaker.
Duties will include:
– Overseeing the management of the Purchase and Sales Ledger, alongside 2 staff members
– Processing company expenses and petty cash
– Bank reconciliations
– Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts and closure of month-end
– Processing subcontractor payments (CIS – experience advantageous but not essential)
– Processing payroll (monthly)
– Banking – daily banking, manual cheques, petty cash
– Delegating office duties to the team when necessary
– Ad hoc credit control
– Being a senior go-to within the finance department for the company’s PL Clerk and Finance Assistant
– Assisting the team with ongoing development and training