FRS are recruiting a Bookkeeper for a SME in Birmingham.
Working in a team of three, you will be the senior go-to person within the business for all transactional finance, but you will have the assistance of an external accountancy practice.
You will be responsible for the below, and also provide ad hoc assistance to the wider office during times of staff absence / holidays etc. – you must be willing to get stuck in.
Duties will include:
– Maintaining company ledgers (Sales, Purchase, General)
– Delegating the workload within your team of three and ensuring deadlines are met
– Managing P&L statements
– Completing HMRC documentation and submitting accordingly
– Multi-currency accounting, GBP – EU – USD (ideal but not a deal-breaker)
– Assistance with budgeting and forecasting
– Balance sheet reconciliations
– Processing sales invoices and assisting with processing sales orders
Suitable candidates will have / be:
– Experienced in the use of Sage Line 50 and MS Excel
– Hold a form of accounting qualification – AAT / ACCA / CIMA / ACA
– Extremely organised and have the ability to multitask on your own initiative
– Work well in a small team environment
– A strong communicator
– Ideally had experience of being a senior within a finance team previously or have managed