FRS are assisting a SME based close to Aston, just outside Birmingham City Centre, with the recruitment of a Part-Time Bookkeeper (20-25hpw).
You will be working within a small accounts team and responsible for all aspects of transactional finance, whilst assisting with month end preparation.
This is a fast paced role and will require excellent communication skills, alongside the ability to effectively manage your own workload.
The business use Sage 50, so experience of this will be advantageous.
You will be working in a team of three, and report into the Managing Director.
Duties will include:
– Double-entry bookkeeping
– Maintaining Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
– VAT returns, preparation and submission
– Allocating payments
– Bank reconciliation
– Cash book and journal entries
– Intrastat reporting
– Assisting with month end
– Ad hoc duties as required
Suitable candidates will have / be:
– Knowledge of Sage – significant experience
– Good knowledge of MS Excel
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment
– Ability to solve issues quickly and efficiently