My client is a leading business within the Logistics industry, based on the outskirts of Bedford.
Due to expansion, they are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper with a tremendous can-do attitude, to join the business on a part time basis – 16 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background, with strong Excel skills and knowledge of Quickbooks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processing of supplier invoices on to the purchase ledger system
• Set up of supplier payments and customer BACS collection runs, with appropriate allocation against the debts on the underlying ledgers
• Resolution of customer and supplier invoice queries in a prompt and professional manner, and investigation and chasing of overdue customer debts as required
• Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
• Reconciliation of key supplier and credit card statements
• Posting of daily cash transactions to the cashbook
• Posting of nominal ledger journals
• Analysis of P&L cost codes
• Support in preparing the month-end management accounts
• Creation of new suppliers and customers in the system
• Any additional support as required by the team
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Previous accounts experience, including working knowledge of reconciliations and double-entry bookkeeping
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including knowledge of Excel, ideally to intermediate level, e.g. lookups and pivot tables
• Ideally, qualified at AAT to at least level 2 or an Accountancy degree (or equivalent) holder
• Happy to work in a stand-alone role, and comfortable performing a wider variety of office tasks
• Organised, numerate, logical and calm under pressure
• A full, clean driving licence is desirable