My client based in LE19, is looking for a Bookkeeper / Payroll Assistant.
A competent individual with previous experience working in a busy general practice Accountants office.
Full time, or wanting to work a minimum of 3-4 days per week or 25 plus hours over 5 days.
• Jobs to include payroll processing for a portfolio of clients on weekly, fortnightly and monthly paid schemes, covering a wide range of business types.
• Completion of quarterly VAT returns for a wide range of businesses and trade sectors, with an allocated portfolio of clients.
• Covering for the payroll manager during holiday periods, and working with other payroll administrators to ensure that the work gets done.
• Confident communication skills in order to liaise with the clients, advise the clients and plan in your workload to best meet the deadlines as necessary.
• A good understanding of the various VAT schemes in operation, and the ability to advise clients of the changes affecting their business.
• Completion and submission of monthly CIS returns.
• Able to work on individual clients and report directly to the bookkeeping / payroll managers, whilst also flexible enough to work as part of the busy bookkeeping and payroll departments.
Prior use of Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll and Microsoft office products is essential. Exposure to other software packages would be ideal also.
Full-time salary of £18,000 – £24,000 depending on experience, with part time being pro-rated accordingly.