My client is an award winning privately owned Bio Tech / Pharmaceutical business, with over 80 products in the market and over 20 others at pre-clinical and clinical development stage.
Due to continued growth following the spin out from (NASDAQ) US listed business, they have now engaged FRS to deliver the appointment of a high profile CFO to operate from their business within the East Midlands.
The organisation is well funded via investors, and have also secured numerous British Government grants for its industry leading products.
As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will develop and implement the financial strategy for the Company and oversee risk management and compliance.
Reporting to the CEO, you will drive day to day financial and operational excellence leading the small team, covering the group’s operations.
Harnessing the strategic vision of the company, this will include maintaining a stable financial reporting framework and producing useful management information to support the business as it continues to scale.
Given the collaborative nature of the business, you will be consistently business partnering with the technology, clinical, sales and marketing teams to ensure you understand the intricacies of operations.
The CFO must exercise tight cash management and accurate forecasting, ensuring that the company is able to achieve its objectives.
• Working closely with the Board, the CEO and the Executive team, develop the funding strategy for the business and lead the delivery of fund-raising activities.
• Financial reporting, management reporting and statutory accounts.
• Provide financial analysis and management information to support business activities.
• Manage internal systems and controls with a clear focus on risk management.
The successful candidate will have a proven history of operating at CFO level and be experienced, with prior experience of:
• Working within Pharmaceuticals / Bio Tech / Life Sciences Industry
• Strong commercial, strategic and financial judgement and guidance
• A track record of managing and leading high performing teams, within tight deadlines and delivering exceptional performance
In return, my client is able to offer a highly competitive basic salary coupled with bonus, stock options, death benefits and matched pension contributions.