FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a high caliber CFO to work from their UK office (based in the Midlands), however the option to be based from the USA or another of the international sites would be considered.
My client is a VC Backed, US Listed business within the Bio Tech / Pharmaceutical industry.
Despite being in relatively early stages, the business is well funded and has established partnerships with some of the leading companies within the industry across the globe.
They have multiple treatments being provided to the Health Services and others at advanced clinical trial stage, that are likely to be key in the battle against COVID 19.
As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will develop and implement the financial strategy for the Company and oversee risk management and compliance across Europe and US.
Reporting to the CEO, you will drive day to day financial and operational excellence leading the small team, covering the group’s operations.
Harnessing the strategic vision of the company, this will include maintaining a stable financial reporting framework, and producing useful management information to support the business as it continues to scale.
Given the collaborative nature of the business, you will be consistently business partnering with the technology, clinical, sales and marketing teams to ensure you understand the intricacies of operations.
The CFO must exercise tight cash management and accurate forecasting, ensuring that the company is able to achieve its objectives.
• Working closely with the Board, the CEO and the Executive team, develop the funding strategy for the business and lead the delivery of fund-raising activities.
• Financial reporting, management reporting and statutory accounts.
• Provide financial analysis and management information to support business activities.
• Manage internal systems and controls with a clear focus on risk management.
The successful candidate will have a proven history of operating at CFO level and be experienced, with prior experience of:
• Working within Pharmaceuticals / Bio Tech / Life Sciences Industry
• Knowledge of US Gaap / US Listed Business / US IPO
• Fundraising and Investor relations
• Strong commercial, strategic and financial judgement and guidance
• A track record of managing and leading high performing teams within tight deadlines, and delivering exceptional performance
In return, my client is able to offer a highly competitive basic salary coupled with bonus, stock options, death benefits and matched pension contributions.