My client is a dynamic, technology focused online retailer, providing goods and services to clients across the UK with a turnover quickly approaching £100m, and sustained growth demonstrated over the last 30 years.
As part of their continued success and further planned expansion, FRS have been engaged to deliver the appointment of an experienced CFO to join the business, ideally situated within the East Midlands.
Partnering the CEO, the CFO will be joining the company in a newly created position to drive the development of the finance function, whilst also playing a key role in the forthcoming IPO and associated preparations (planned for 2021).
• Preparing board reports and presenting to external stakeholders
• Generating finance through investment appraisal, equity finance and attending investor roadshows
• Leading and managing a finance team, reporting directly to the CEO
• Reporting to externals such as the PE / VC backers and holding the banking relationship
• Financial planning, cashflow management and balance sheet control, with upkeep of a healthy cashflow a key area of responsibility in this industry
• Production of regular cashflow forecasts and identification of specific reasons for downfall
• Oversee the consolidation of month end reporting and have strong control over internal controls
• Proposal of cost saving ideas across the business
The successful candidate will need to be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with demonstrated experience operating in a forward facing FD / CFO Position.
This position will report to the board and have fast involvement with various external stakeholders during the fundraising process, therefore a candidate with gravitas and the ability to communicate with credibility is key.
Prior demonstrated experience in the below is desirable:
• Leading a fundraising process with PE / VC Backers – (A / B / C Fund raising stage)
• Delivery of IPO
• Understanding of Capital Markets
• Prior experience gained within FMCG / Retail / Tech
Whilst a long established and successful business, my client is very much in the early stages of the next phase of growth, therefore those with experience within a start-up would also be welcomed.
In return, my client is able to offer a highly competitive package to include a basic salary of up to £150,000 plus Share Options, and scope to earn 100% of salary in bonus on the successful delivery of IPO.