My client is a well regarded European owned Manufacturing business, with a UK turnover of £25m and ambitious plans for additional growth over the next 3-5 Years.
Due to the above, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of an ambitious commercially biased Qualified Accountant to join the business.
Working closely with the Finance Director and UK Managing Director, this position promises to be both varied and progressive.
• Development, optimization and coordination of cross-team processes (e.g. price adjustments and pricing Matrix)
• Maintenance of sales-related master data as well as the support of sales tools
• Analysis and optimization of sales processes, in cooperation with different departments and the Headquarters
• Technical specification and continuous improvement of the mapping of sales business processes in SAP SD (Sales & Distribution), and related systems as well as interactions between Sales, Marketing and Finance and CRM
• Produce timely and accurate financial reports both internally and externally
• Work with Operations to develop, deliver and report on an operational KPI dashboard
• Review, develop and map process flow for both sales and purchase ledger
• Identify finance department process and automation improvements, and implement
• Develop, implement and report finance department KPI’s
• Review HM Customs and Excise requirements and processes (including those arising from Brexit), and implement as required
• Assisting in the analysis, mapping maintenance and control of the company’s product costing systems (production and engineering), cost of sales and stock valuation and reconciliations
• Group Margin Analysis, recommendations for improvement and reporting
• To ensure that relevant financial controls and procedures are met and maintained across the sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book and bank.
• Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
• Assisting the Director of Finance with half year end and year end analysis, and reporting requirements.
• Assisting with the formulation of annual budgets.
• Analysis of fixed asset additions, control of fixed asset system and ensuring that the fixed assets system reconciles back to the nominal ledger.
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the organization and execution of periodic stock takes.
• Analyse and monitor project costs.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations (accruals, prepayments, debtors, creditors, payroll, VAT etc.).
• Assisting in the formulation of timely accurate cash flow forecasts.
• Monthly cost centre variance analysis and reporting against budget; distribution of cost centre reports (monthly) to cost centre manager and resolving queries.
• Collect financial data and produce reports for Senior Management analysis.
• Review and analysis of purchase orders.
• Preparation and submission of monthly HMRC Intrastat Declarations.
• Reconciliation of Intra Company accounts on a quarterly basis.
• Financial control and analysis of major capital and revenue expenditure.
• Assist with the formulation of P11D information.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified, with PQE gained in a similar commercially biased Accounting Position.
This position promises to be both varied and challenging and is therefore ideally suited to a candidate looking to progress within their career, as this recruitment is being completed with long term succession planning for the Finance Director Positions.
In return, a highly competitive benefits package and salary await.