My client is a rapidly expanding PE backed business within the service industry with their Head Office ideally located within Derbyshire, however with the position being based from home at least 75% of the time.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS with the appointment of a newly created Commercial Accountant Position, which in turn reports into the Financial Controller.
The Commercial Accountant role is a new role which will be key in supporting the continued growth of the business and delivering its financial objectives, while ensuring the quality of service remains at the highest possible standard.
Based from Home and the Head Office, this role will lead a small team, ensuring growth objectives can be delivered in a robust and financially sound way.
• The finance team is on an exciting journey towards becoming a highly effective business partner and enabler to the rest of the business, and the Commercial Accountant role is key in supporting this drive.
• For the right candidate this role represents an amazing opportunity to develop their career in an inclusive and fully supportive environment, with further training and support considered and delivered where appropriate, and in the process assisting the business in achieving exciting growth objectives.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for review by the divisional leads prior to Board review
• Review of financials against budget, forecast and prior year data with explanations of all key variances
• Monthly analysis of home by home performance in line with projections
• Production of investment models for key capex spend
• Preparation of an annual budget in line with business targets, considering all business variables and growth projections
• Production of a quarterly forecast based on actual data and updated projections
• Monthly review of performance with divisional leads
• Analysis and explanation of key trends within the numbers, with suggestions for improvements and initiatives as appropriate
• Responsible for timely and accurate KPI reporting on a weekly and monthly basis, as required
• Responsible for KPI production throughout the business, implementing MIS where necessary
• Liaising with the Business Development Team on placements, income streams and forecasting
• Business Partnering managers, regional managers and other key members of the management team
• Training and development for key non-financial managers
• Assisting with the integration of the recently acquired Oracle business
• Regular visits to site to provide financial support to the business
• Team leadership of Finance Assistant
• Ad hoc tasks to support the Financial Controller
The ideal candidate will be working towards formal qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) if not already qualified, and have previous experience gained within a Management / Commercial Accounting, or experience gained working as a Finance Business Partner.
This role is largely outward facing, and requires the ability to build strong relationships across key stakeholders within head office and at site level.
This position is highly analytical with vast use of MS Excel and ERP Systems, therefore strong systems experience to include MS Excel is essential.
In return, my client can offer a challenging and varied position, with a competitive basic salary and excellent benefits.
With being PE backed, this business has rapid plans for expansion and therefore offers excellent scope for career development, and or involved in continuous improvement projects.