My client is a leading business within the design and manufacturing sector, with a history of local trade for over 200 years.
Due to expansion, they now have a requirement for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join the dynamic and forward thinking team, to help with the business continued growth.
Working from the offices on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire borders, you will work closely with a recently appointed CFO, to drive improvement and insight on business performance.
The department is evolving to a best-in-class finance team, that is equipped to best support the business growth ambitions, by taking a leading role within the heart of the company.
The finance team works closely with all members of Senior Management across all aspects of the business, including costing, pricing, investment appraisals, performance analysis, and transaction execution.
– The focus is in partnering with the business to support key initiatives, including but not limited to Financial analysis and investment appraisal on key business investment initiatives
– Business planning, strategy, financial planning and performance analysis
– Providing detailed analysis and advice on acquisitions, divestment, pricing, costing, valuation, project management and transaction execution
– Financial management and control
Planning and performance monitoring
· Improving the current data quality
· Adept at modelling and predictive business / economic research to identify patterns, analyse the market and competitors to identify discrepancies / opportunities in financial activity, including sales, costs, pricing, margins, customer behaviour and the ability / courage to use these analyses to recommend changes of direction, to enhance / boost / improve profits
· Support the Finance Business Partner to produce the budget and rolling forecasts, including relevant commentary / insights
· Lead revenue / margin / contribution reporting, with explanation of performance against budget / forecast, prior performance and market conditions
· The ability to re-forecast the in-year expected outcomes in order to highlight future risks and opportunities
· Provide commentary for the monthly business performance review and board reports
Provide meaningful analysis and collaborate to produce insight
· Improve the data quality in the ERP system, by understanding the current processes
· Understand the drivers of current performance and challenge current thinking
· Extrapolate future performance based on scenario planning, using internal and external company information
· Working with our business partners, provide value-adding insight based on analyses
Manage strategic objectives
· Expand on the strategic plan to establish the company’s strategic objectives
· Support the production of commercially viable business cases to deliver the strategic initiatives
· Develop budget deliverables from the strategic initiatives, and manage and track these initiatives as they are delivered
· Support finance projects as required, including supporting acquisitions, embracing value-adding digital developments, and seeking operational efficiencies
· Assist the Finance Manager with financial, commercial and strategic support across the business functions
· Ad hoc activities as required
· Commercially focused finance professional with a proactive outlook
· First class analytical skills, track record of identifying issues and delivering solutions
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to translate numbers into a business story
· Strong stakeholder management, and the ability to challenge and communicate across all levels of the business / company / stakeholders
· Advanced Microsoft Excel, data manipulation and visualisation, analytics
This position has scope to be highly progressive, and is expected to evolve within the next 2-3 years to Commercial Finance Manager Position.
An excellent basic salary coupled with great benefits, working environment and study support towards ACCA / CIMA can be offered, for those not already Qualified.