My client is a well-regarded and award-winning business within the Construction / House Building Industry.
Due to expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Commercial Finance Analyst / Business Partner to join their head office based in Birmingham.
Reporting into the FD and working closely with the CFO, this position is a key role to the business and their planned expansion for 2021.
• Providing both regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis to the business, to highlight trends and drive performance.
• Analysing external market factors and competitors, to benchmark internal performance.
• Challenging and reviewing business KPI’s, providing data and recommendations to drive business improvements.
• Driving the use of existing management information within the business, and the efficiency of production.
• Developing business reporting, identifying underlying trends and drivers of business performance.
• Business partnering with a range of stakeholders including, but not limited to Head of Legal, Head of Sales, Head of Marketing and Commercial Director.
• Providing support to Board Members for both internal and external reporting.
• Driving the use of Power BI within the business, by providing training to various stakeholders in terms of departments and seniority.
• Update board on the business implication of the Help to Buy changes from 2021 / and COVID Stamp Duty Reduction / removal.
• Design models in Excel to understand the financial implications and adjustments, and update Board members on a weekly basis.
• Design pack to update senior management to understand the type of product on offer, and trading in the period by key competitors and collation of data.
The ideal candidate for this position will be Part Qualified or Qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA), with prior experience gained within a similar Finance / Commercial / Business Analysts Position.
Strong MS Excel experience to include Pivots / Look Ups / Macros are essential, with experience of other BI Tools and or COINS being a Major Advantage.
• Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
• Previous experience in a data analysis role, and demonstration of improvement
• Ability to recommend and implement new strategies
• Ability to prioritise effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
• Effective communication at all levels and stakeholder engagement experience, including senior management
This position is newly created and therefore offers great scope for the successful candidate to make a real impact and demonstrate value add, with immediate improvement of the analysis of commercial data.
A basic salary of £35,000 – £45,000 coupled with Bonus, excellent benefits and study support for those still studying can be offered.