My client is a divisional business of a leading PLC, ideally situated within Leicestershire.
Due to continued growth, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused Finance Manager to join the business, based Nr Jct. 21 / M69 and therefore easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
Reporting into the Divisional Finance Director, this is a key role in supporting the business to maximise opportunities and mitigate risk within an ever-changing trading environment.
As Commercial Finance Manager, your role will be to support and challenge the business, providing business insight and KPI analysis to drive well informed business decisions. This role is particularly focussed on cost management, working capital investments and tracking progress against major strategic objectives.
• Driving profitable actions through a targeted overhead management programme
• Produce accurate, timely and insightful reporting on costs from branch level to business unit board level
• Leading our month end and in year cost forecasting process, to ensure our business unit reporting is completed accurately and on time
• Take responsibility for the overhead cost elements of the budget and strategic plan
• Deliver project work as directed to identify profit opportunities to the business
• Management of our capital expenditure spend and commitments, ensuring compliance with Group authorisation requirements
• Build a network of contacts throughout the business, and partner with them to support cost and operations management
• Working with the Finance analyst to ensure strong financial control exists, around the recording and reporting of all accruals and prepayments across the business
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with proven commercial and analytical experience, especially with Excel.
Strong communication skills and an ability to interpret data, but most importantly you will be ambitious and be keen to learn and develop.
Whilst previous experience gained within industry would be preferred, candidates seeking their first step from a Top 25 Practice into industry would also be considered.
In return, my client can offer a competitive basic salary of £50,000, bonus and excellent benefits coupled with market leading training and development, with excellent scope to develop at either Divisional or Group level as many have before.