My client is a leading business within the design and manufacturing sector, with a history of local trade for over 200 years.
Due to expansion, they now have a requirement for a Commercial Finance Manager to join the dynamic and forward thinking team, to help with the business continued growth.
This position will largely work from home, however some travel to the offices based in Birmingham and Near Hinckley will be required.
This position will work closely with a recently appointed CFO to drive improvement and insight on business performance, involving exposure to all areas of the business, including Senior Management.
The department is evolving to a best-in-class finance team that is equipped to best support the business growth ambitions, by taking a leading role within the heart of the company.
The finance team works closely with all members of Senior Management across all aspects of the business, including costing, pricing, investment appraisals, performance analysis, and transaction execution.
• The focus is in partnering with the business to support key initiatives, including but not limited to Financial analysis and investment appraisal, on key business investment initiatives
• Business planning, strategy, financial planning and performance analysis
• Providing detailed analysis and advice on acquisitions, divestment, pricing, costing, valuation, project management and transaction execution
• Financial management and control
The Commercial Finance Manager is the day to day lead on all aspects of Finance – this is a highly visible role that will be a leader within the team and the wider organisation.
Planning and performance monitoring
• Improving the current data quality to improve current reporting
• Driving predictive business / economic research to identify patterns, analyse the market and competitors to identify discrepancies / opportunities in financial activity, including sales, costs, pricing, margins, customer behaviour and the ability / courage to use these analyses to recommend changes of direction to enhance / boost / improve profits
• Overseeing regular performance reporting on actuals, budgets and rolling forecasts, including relevant commentary / insights
• Leading the design and preparation of reporting dashboards for various business units
• Producing Financial and Management Accounts, including cashflow and all aspects of reporting
• Liaising with HMRC, Auditors, Suppliers, Customers etc.
• Driving better AR / AP processes and metrics
• Provide meaningful reporting, analysis and collaborate to produce insight
• Understand the drivers of current performance
• Extrapolate future performance based on scenario planning, using internal and external company information
• Working with the business to understand operations and provide value-adding insight
Manage strategic objectives
• Input to the strategic plan to establish the company’s strategic objectives
• Drive the production of commercially viable business cases to deliver the strategic initiatives
• Develop budget deliverables from the strategic initiatives, and manage and track these initiatives
• Lead finance projects as required, including improving management reporting, supporting acquisitions, embracing value-adding digital developments, and seeking operational efficiencies
• Assist the CFO with financial, commercial and strategic support across the business functions
• Ad hoc activities as required
Applicants will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with PQE gained within a fast moving business, manufacturing is ideal, however those with an interest of taking a step into manufacturing will be considered.
You will be a commercially focused finance leader, with a proactive outlook and First class business partnering and leadership skills.
You will have the ability, confidence and ideally experience in leading a small finance function, ensuring that tasks are completed correctly and within agreed timescales.
A good level of IT literacy is essential, to include strong analytical skills on MS Excel and BI Tools, as the recent change in company focus is not just to produce the numbers, but utilise the information to drive business improvement.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £50,000 – £60,000 coupled with an excellent work environment, and scope to play a key role in the company”s continued expansion awaits.