Out client is a unique and highly profitable and high growth business within the construction / engineering industry ideally situated in the East Midlands near to Ilkeston and therefore commutable from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire (also offering hybrid working)
As part of the company’s rapid growth and also with succession planning in mind for a future Finance Director, FRS have been enlisted to assist a high calibre commercial focused accountant to join the business.
Working closely with the Finance Director and Board this is a key hire for the business to aid driving the business forward by improving business insight, intelligence and analysis, establish strong relationships with key non finance stakeholders building the understanding of company performance and challenge the business units to “work smarter not harder”
– Partner & business leaders with the Finance Director in the creation of budgets and future 3-5 years financial planning
– Prepare Board pack and present and monthly leadership meetings
– Develop analysis, BI and establish KPI’s to enable better monitoring of business performance
– Provide commentary to Finance Director and Leadership teams across the business.
– Business Partner key stakeholders outside of finance (Commercial Teams, Quantity Surveyors and Projects Managers and challenge performance ensuring revenue / profitability is maximised
– Work closely with customers and JV to ensure monthly pack is accurately reporting in Accounts
– Drive ethos to working smarter not harder
– Review / improve / implement robust financial controls and management reporting systems
– Assist in key improvement projects including current migration to Dynamics 365
– Assist Finance Director in the leadership of the Finance Department
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified ideally with 3-5 years PQE working within a similar commercially biased finance position and have the desire / aspiration to work towards a Finance Director Position within the next 3-5 years.
Experience working within or around Construction / Engineering / Manufacturing biased businesses may ease the transition into this position however this is not essential.
Strong analytical skills and a passion for business partnering, challenging the business and driving improvement is essential to this position.
In return my client is able to offer both a varied and progressive role with a clear route into a Finance Director position within 5 Years.
The ability to be involved in the business at a key period of growth and Improvement can be offered therefore making this role much more that BAU finance.
A competitive basic salary of £60,000 to £70,000 DOE Car or Allowance, Bonus and excellent benefits within hybrid working can be offered.