My client is a rapidly expanding, International business with interests in both Manufacturing and importing of consumer goods.
Due to continued success, they have now engaged FRS to deliver the recruitment of a Company Accountant to operate as the No 1 in Finance, based from the offices in West Leicester near to Jct. 21 / M69 (M1) and therefore easily commutable from across both the East and West Midlands.
This is a newly created position as part of the company’s continued growth strategy, and has historically been covered by external Accountants and an in-house bookkeeper.
• Timely completion of monthly management accounts including Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis and management of P&L
• Creation of analysis and commentary relating to sales, margin, costs etc.
• Business Partner with key stakeholders, driving improvement in efficiency and financial performance
• Completion of statutory returns to include VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat
• Management of fixed assets, processing journals, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and intercompany transactions
• Leadership of 1 member of staff (bookkeeper) covering daily management of ledgers
• Control and monitor bank accounts and cash books, ensuring smooth cash flow
• Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Payment of supplier and employee expenses
• Ensure the timely collection of debts and providing forecast
• Oversee payment of employees (PAYE) using Sage
• Partner with the MD to continue to drive the business forward
The ideal candidate will have varied experience gained in a similar position, ideally within a fast paced SME business.
Those currently working within practice seeking a first move into industry would also be considered, as long as a good level of commercial awareness can be demonstrated.
Previous experience of using Sage is preferred, however not essential, a good level of knowledge of MS Excel however is key.
Unlike many, my client is not focused on formal qualification but more so on practical experience and ability, to join the business and demonstrate a difference by driving improvement.
This position will be a key role for the business and offers the successful candidate long term growth to Finance Director, as the business continues to grow.
A competitive basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000 coupled with excellent benefits await.