My client is a well-established and rapidly expanding family owned SME within the Logistics Industry, ideally located in North West Leicestershire near to Jct. 22 of the M1 and M42, therefore easily commutable from across Leicestershire / Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Staffordshire.
Due to planned expansion, they have engaged FRS to deliver the recruitment of a Company Accountant.
Partnering the directors, the successful applicant will be:
– Responsible for all aspects of group accounts, ensuring all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported, and that timely and accurate financial reports are provided to the board and senior management team (SMT) as required – in particular, ensuring there is appropriate commentary to allow understanding by all users
– Running of the payroll team and ultimate responsibility for the timely processing and payment of payroll, including the calculation and processing of auto enrolment pension contributions
– Preparation of monthly management accounts with associated reconciliations and schedules
– Quarterly VAT reporting
– Production of budgets and liaison with the SMT to establish and monitor relevant KPI’s
– Preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecasts
– Supervise and manage finance department
– Liaise with external auditors to ensure timely year end procedures
– Involvement in procurement of overheads and capital expenditure
– Member of the senior management team
The ideal candidate will be working towards a Qualification if not already Qualified, however practical experience is more important, therefore those that are QBE but still demonstrate drive an enthusiasm to work for a progressive, forward thinking business will be considered.
Broad experience across Financial / Management Accounting is key, as is the ability and confidence to work as the No 1 in finance.
A good level of IT Literacy is also key, and experience of Sage Desirable.
Prior experience gained with running a small payroll (Sage Also) is a major advantage.
In return, excellent benefits coupled with a basic salary of up to £43,000 and room to grow to become the future company FD can be offered.