My Client is seeking a dynamic Company Accountant to join their growing team.
With the responsibility to produce all internal and external financial reporting, including monthly management accounts, KPIs, branch / division analysis and group reporting.
Work closely with the business to provide sound financial analysis and advice. Maintain good internal controls and demonstrate sound technical knowledge to manage the statutory reporting and payment for all taxes and payrolls.
Develop the team by mentoring them through their studies and personal development.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Management and development for a team of three.
• Preparation of management accounts, including all associated commercial reporting, activity and analysis.
• Manage the month end process – including fixed assets, journals, accruals / prepayments, management accounts and group submission.
• Monthly consolidation of group accounts.
• Continually improve the reporting and analysis available to the wider business to aid better decision making.
• Ensure good internal controls are in place and there is a process for monitoring their adherence.
• Manage the monthly payroll process for all countries.
• Manage VAT, Intrastat and EC sales submissions for the group, and provide guidance to the AP and AR teams to ensure compliance across the business.
• Cash flow reporting and assisting the FC with exchange risk planning.
• Assisting the Financial Controller with budgeting and forecast.
• Manage the year end audit process, and preparation of stat accounts and tax returns.
• Management of P11ds, PAYE Settlement Agreement and annual submission.
• Compliance with all internal and external deadlines.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• ACCA / CIMA Qualified or QBE.
• You will be very hands on and have a strong technical background with IFRS, UK GAAP, Payroll, VAT, Intrastat, Corp tax etc.
• Proven ability to juggle the financial responsibilities of multiple / complex companies.
• Experience of working within a group environment.
• Experience of developing / mentoring a team is essential.
• Advanced Excel skills including Index, match, Ifs, Pivots and V Lookups.
• Flexibility to working hours at peak times, such as month end.